Click the link below https://nagpuruniversity.ac.in/writereaddata/fckimagefile/B_Com%20IV%20Sem%20(Revised).pdf
Click the link below https://nagpuruniversity.ac.in/writereaddata/fckimagefile/TT%20MCom_IV%20Sem(CBCS%20).pdf
Mr. Ajay Acharya Awarded as…
Date:- 09.02.2022 Name : Dr.…
Prof Prerana Ratnaparkhi, Awarded Certificate of Patent Design from Controller General of Patent, Government of India
Date :- 06.05.2021 Name:- Prof…
Best Practice I: AROGYA SAMPADA – CLINIC FOR GIRL STUDENTS
Goal Since its inception, the institution believes in the physical, mental and social development of every student. The institution tries its level best to organize various programmes and activities in order to enhance the performance of students. Since girls are still considered as the weaker section of society, it is observed that their health is quite neglected. Therefore, the institution always promoted the schemes launched for the betterment of girl students. The objective of clinic Arogya Sampada is to improve the health of girl-students, thereby improving their performance in education and sports.
The majority of the students learning in the institution belong to economically and socially backward classes. Mal-nutrition, low level of hemoglobin affects the over-all development of girl students. During Blood-Donation Camp organized by the institution, it has been observed that girl-students can‘t donate blood on account of low hemoglobin levels and under-weight. So, Women‘s Cell of the institution decided to medically assist girl-students for better health. It has also been observed that girl-student come empty stomachs in the college which affects their stamina and concentration level. Either they bunk first few lectures or they leave early. So we concluded that along with personal counseling, some substantial medical assistance is required. The Women‘s Cell designed a program accordingly which is functional since 2012.
The clinic Arogya Sampada started in 2012. Dr. Sandeepa Paraskar, a regular practitioner and pediatrician agreed to come as honorary doctor once a week. She checks the weight and height of every student. It is found that girl students don‘t prefer to talk to male doctors. Many of them are not comfortable with their parents and other family members and prefer to remain silent regarding their health issues. That worsens their health conditions. But in front of a lady doctor, they open up gradually and boldly ask questions which they think are not socially acceptable.
In the beginning we aimed only at regular health check-up. But surprised by the ignorance and lack of accessibility to information of girl-students, after a couple of months later we started counseling sessions. In the counseling sessions, we informed them about the menstrual cycle (M.C.), post/pre-menstrual syndromes (P.M.S.) and how to deal with it, the importance of nutrition-rich diet, sex education, superstitions regarding health issues. Considering their economic and social background, we prepared a chart in which easily available food items were included. We advised them to incorporate beetroot, lemon, curd, items rich with iron, like shendana papdi, rajgirah laddu, chikkoo, in their diet on every day basis. Catering their womanly need to look beautiful, we also medically prescribed them skin-products according to their skintypes and gave some beauty tips. This made the clinic a great success and girls flocked near the clinic every Wednesday.
Distribution of Iron Supplements with Multi-vitamins
By the end of the first year it was realized that medical check-up and counseling is not enough to improve the health of girl-students. By now, we had enough data in our hand regarding the health issues and problems of girl students. We held a meeting of all women professors regarding what can be done for the betterment of girl students in which it was unanimously decided that we would substantially support the girl students. Generic medicine revolutionized health sector and made medicines available at very cheap cost. We decided to distribute iron, folic acid and multivitamin supplements to students. We decided that when a girl student comes for heath check-up, we would give her the course of the supplements for thirty days free of cost. If needed, we would repeat the course the following month. All the staff members willingly decided to financially contribute to the project. How to distribute the supplements among girl students equally is a major problem. So the medical check-up is done class-wise and section-wise. Every week on Thursdays girl students of each class come for medical check-up. The counseling session goes on for half an hour. After that the doctor examines their weight, height and blood pressure, if needed. After attending theirpersonal queries, the doctor prescribe them medicines and also provide them the iron and multivitamin supplements as per their need. We also decided to incorporate girl-students in the project in order to inculcate health awareness and leadership as well. Three to four girl students are selected every year who take the responsibility of the management of the clinic. These girls inform the girl students of the respective classes as when to visit the clinic. These disciplines in charge also control the crowds and make the girls stand in queues. Girls often prefer to first contact the disciplines in charge if they need medicines, further medical assistance or counseling. The disciplines in charge are given special batches for identification.
Evidence of Success
A very positive and regular response of students is the evidence of success.
Problems Encountered and Resources Required
Problems Encountered It is really hard to monitor if the students take medicines regularly. There is difficulty in monitoring whether the supplements are distributed to every girl student. However, we tried our level best to increase the success-rate of the project by maintaining personal contacts, visiting every class room to check if the there are some students who haven‘t received the supplements. The other difficulties are the ignorance, superstitions as well as lethargy in girl students. Many of the students don‘t like to take medicines at all. Many of them suffer from mal-nutrition because of their wrong food habits.
The chief resource required was the availability of space. A small room (Room no. B20) has been allotted to the Women‘s Cell. The set-up for clinic has been arranged there which includes furniture, weighing machine, height-chart etc. Similarly, some medical apparatus for has also been purchased.
In the year 2018-2019 Lady Doctor made six college visits and in all 186 girl students benifitted from the activity.
Contact Details Dr. Rashmi Paraskar
- P. & Berar E. S. College Nagpur-440037
Mobile +91 9552229292
In the Year 2020-21 This best practice could not be conducted due to Covid -19 Pandemic.
Best Practice II: Research Methodology Workshop Objectives of workshop
The Research Methodology Workshop aims to provide guidance to research students at every step, from the selection of topic, selection of methodology, understanding their problems during research and to motivate them on every level. The goal of the research Methodology workshop is to develop Research attitude for Quality research. This workshop aims to provide support system to researchers.
The workshop helps the research student:
- To understand the tools of research Methodology.
- To understand the methods and process of Data collection.
- To know about the sample methods and techniques.
- Giving training to the researchers about statistical methods of analysis of data.
- To understand the various forms of research design.
Since its inception the institution promoted research activities and encouraged the students as well as the teaching staff for post-graduate and post-doctoral research. The Department of advance Studies has been established in 1987 for the promotion of research activities in the field of Commerce, Social Sciences and Humanities. The Department runs the courses for M.Phil in Commerce, Economics and Marathi. This is the only department in the R. T. M. Nagpur University to provide these courses. The Advanced Study Department of the institution established the Place for Higher Learning and Research (then named as Ph. D. Guidance Centre) in 2007 to provide guidance to research students at every step, from the selection of topic, selection of methodology, understanding their problems during research and to motivate them on every level. Quality of research is a matter of great concern among the research scholars in the present time. UGC has taken a cognizance of it and has suggested a few measures for its enhancement. The first step in this process is to improve upon the orientation in research methodology. Considering the needs of the research students, the Place for Higher Learning and Research decided to start Research Methodology Workshop in 2011 as per the guidelines laid down for course work by UGC.
Contents of the workshop
- Research Topic
- Research Design
- Research management
- Questionnaire preparation
- Procedure of Research Proposal
- Methods Of Data Collection
- Report, Thesis and Summery writing
- Rules regarding Ph.D.
- Practical Training of statistical Analysis
- Skills of Viva Presentation and Group Presentations
The workshop aims at training professionals and researchers in the skill and competence related to the systematic investigation of various issues and problems in the area of their study. At this level the workshop is expected to provide new and original insights into the problems are the area under investigation. Our research Methodology workshops include Research Methodology, Quantitative methods and computer application. The workshop is organized by our place for higher learning and research and invites the experts in the relevant field depending upon the requirement and background of the participants. The duration of the workshop is one week (60 hours ) which is equivalent to one semester and it is distributed as per the guide lines of RTM Nagpur University.
The workshop aims at training researchers in the skill and competence related to the systematic investigation of various issues and problems in the area of their study. At this level the workshop is expected to provide new and original insights into the problems are the area under investigation. Taking this view into consideration the research committee included topics on research methodology, quantitative methods and computer application for the workshop.
In the first year, the workshop admitted the students of R. T. M. Nagpur University. In 2012 it was decided to expand its scope by incorporating students from other universities. Hence, from 2012-13 the workshop has been organized by the Place for Higher Learning and Research which is affiliated to the R. T. M. Nagpur University. The research center invites the experts of national acclaim.
The response to the workshop was not very encouraging in the first year. But since 2012-13 the R. T. M. Nagpur University made it mandatory to complete one week duration workshop on research methodology for the registration of Ph. D. and research students also understood its importance. After receiving the overwhelming response to the workshop the college decided to organize the workshop biannually.The workshop is of one week (35 hours) duration, which is equivalent to Research course work. The time allotted to each topic is as per the guidelines of RTM Nagpur University. The time and topic for the workshop are as follows:
- Research Methodology: Time allotted: 15 hours. This course work is framed to understand the tools of Research Methodology ,to understand the methods and process of Data collection and to know about the sample methods and techniques. The first 3 days are given for the Research Methodology topic. The Participants are divided into groups.
- On the first day of the workshop participants meet to get to know their group and plan meetings. All Participants meet to discuss specific presentations planned to avoid any overlaps of content type or methodology and plan for group presentations and subsequently join their assigned groups.
- On the second day of the workshop all participants meet to discuss for questionnaire preparation, hypothesis formation & planned to make data for the same.
- On third day of the workshop Feedback is taken. The focus is on appropriateness of content, methodology and message with respect to the training.
- Quantitative Methods And Computer Application:
- Time: 15 hours.
- 15 hours time is given to Quantitative Methods And Computer Application. This portion is also divided into 3 days for giving training to the researchers about statistical methods of analysis of data. In these 3 days participants learn about the use of the Hypothesis testing methods , SPSS applications and ANOVA testing for the conclusions of their respective research problem.
- Time: 5 hours.
- Seminars are organized in order to understand the various forms of research design. Each participant should take active part in the 05-hour seminar on Research Methodology on the last day of the Workshop. All participants make group presentation and present it in the seminar.
- On the last day, examination is conducted. Paper is in MCQ pattern and questions asked in this exam are related to the presentations of the resource persons.
In Jan 2012 we had only 38 participants. In Sep 2013, number of participants were 42, In Jun 2014 it was 72 and in Nov the number goes upto 120. We provide the study material on Research Methodology and Quantitative techniques to every participant. This study material has been written by experts and recognized at national level resource persons. This workshop has been framed for active participation of every participant. For this purpose attendance is compulsory for all seven days to the participants. The full day progamme has been framed and it has incorporated following methods.
- Group discussions Group presentations
- Poster and power point presentations
- Actual practice of SPSS and computer applications
Obstacles faced if any and strategies adopted to overcome them:
Initially, the research scholars were not aware of the importance of the workshop which resulted in poor response to the workshop. Researchers also reluctant to attend the workshop for a week. They want demanded relaxation from the attendance. Then we tried to peruse of this situation and got reorganization of RTMNU for our research centre. We designed the schedule of workshop with some interesting and practical topics related to Research Methodology. We ask resource persons to take some
activities and energizers from the participants so they can take interest in workshop and not miss even single technical session. After getting the recognized place for higher learning and research our workshop received overwhelming response. Participants from various states including Maharashtra have come here to attend this workshop. From Bangalore, Hyderabad, M.P., Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Nashik,Satara, latur, Solapur, Kolhapur, Jalgoan, Wardha, Akola, Amravati , Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, and Nagpur Number of participants have registered their names and all have actively taken participation in it. Now our workshop received the real sense of National Level Workshop.
Impact of the workshop
It is the matter of pride for us that in RTM Nagpur University our college is first college who started this Research Methodology workshop for the researchers in this region. To provide support system to the researcher our college has been taken initiative to develop Research Methodology course for organize the workshop. In 2011-12, the course work was not compulsory to complete the course work for the Ph. D. Thesis submission. The IQAC has take initiative to develop this workshop in 2010-11.
- The impact of the workshop is amazing. The participation percentage of the participants is progressively increasing.
- The greatest impact of the workshop is that the number of submission of Ph. D. Thesis from the participant is significantly increased in every workshop. The time span between workshop and the submission is also cut down and the participants are highly motivated to do their work fast and steadily.
- The awareness about the research has increased considerably as the importance of real and good research for the quality development of the nation is highlighted in every workshop. The workshop successfully created the atmosphere of quality research among the researchers of RTM Nagpur University.
- The growth in number of participants shows itself its success story. Other institution of the RTM Nagpur university are also interested to organize this type of the workshops. Our institution help them in this matter and provide them the study materials developed by our center and also provide them the names of renowned resource persons. Academic Staff College, Nagpur, Home Economics Department of RTM Nagpur University, Mahila Mahavidyalaya ,Nagpur, Dyanda College ,Chandrapur, Nabira college Katol are some of the institutions who started this workshop with our help. MOU with Nabira college Katol and Dyanada College , Chandrapur are also result of this workshop. At initial level of the workshop the problem of participants faced by our research center, because no one aware about this workshop. Researchers also not interested to attend the workshop for all 7 days. They want some relaxation from the attendance. Then we tried to peruse of this situation and got reorganization of RTMNU for our research centre. We designed the schedule of workshop with some interesting and
- After getting the recognized place for higher learning and research our workshop received overwhelming response. Participants from various states including Maharashtra have come here to attend this workshop. From Bangalore, Hyderabad, M.P., Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Nashik,Satara, latur, Solapur, Kolhapur, Jalgoan, Wardha, Akola, Amravati , Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, and Nagpur Number of participants have registered their names and all have actively taken participation in it. Now our workshop received the real sense of National Level Workshop.
For the workshop the most basic resource needed is that dedicated experts in their field and resources persons with good communication skills. From the participation fees of workshop this need is fulfill by the centre. Other requirements like food, water, electricity peon, and study materials are also fulfilled from the participation fees taken for the workshop Resources required For the workshop the most basic resource needed is dedicated experts in their field and resources persons with good communication skills. From the participation fees of workshop this need is fulfill by the centre. Other requirements like food, water, electricity peon, and study materials are also fulfilled from the participation fees taken for the workshop.
In the year 2018-19 total number of participants was twenty and the duration of workshop was seven days (1st June 2019 – 7th June 2019)
Dr. Medha Kanetkar Co-ordinator
- P. & Berar E. S. College Nagpur-440037
Mobile 9970934336 Email firstname.lastname@example.org