Dr. Alka S. Indapawar (HOD)
About HOD: Associate Professor
Qualification: M.A., Ph.D
Specialisation: Sant Sahitya, Sahitya Shastra
- Marathi Department was established from 1960
- Post Graduate courses started from 1980-81
- Advanced studies (M.Phil.) started in 1988-89
- D. Guidance Centre (Place for Higher Learning and Research) recognized by University in 2014-2015.
- Eminent personalities in the Literary and Cultural fields in Maharashtra have worked in our Department:
_ Principal Shri S.M. Pande – Eminent educationist in Vidarbha.
- V.S. Jog (H.O.D. and Principal) – Eminent writer and critic, Awardees’ of the prestigious Soviet Land Nehru Award for his research work in Marathi – Communism and Marathi Literature.
- Jagannath Naikwade – Popular story writer and nationalist thinker whose book in Marathi “Nationalism and Modern MarathiPoetry” was much appreciated in literary circles.
- Wabgaonkar and other lecturers have also contributed much in their respective fields of expertise
_ Dr.S.S. Meshram – treasurer of Marathi Pradhypak Parishad
- At present Two members of the Deptt. are recognized Ph.D. guides.
- All members of the department are actively engaged as office bearers in many literary, social, cultural and educational organizations in the city from last many years
Name : Ajay D. Kulkarni
Dept. : Marathi
Designation: Associate Professor
Education : M. A. , M. Phil., B. Ed. SET, Ph. D.
1. Guest lecture by Shri Parag Joshi of Kalidas University on ‘Santavichar: Kalachi Garaj’
2. Guest being felicitated at Grantha Dindi program
Guest lecture by Shri Parag Joshi of Kalidas University on ‘Santavichar: Kalachi Garaj’
Guest being felicitated at Grantha Dindi program
Utility of Marathi in Akashwani
Kavi Katta students’ activity
Late Dr. Jagannathrao Naikwade Memorial Vidarbha Level Intercollegiate Elocution Competition 2019